VINCE NEIL Performs MÖTLEY CRÜE Classics In Atlantic City (Video)

VINCE NEIL Performs MÖTLEY CRÜE Classics In Atlantic City (Video)

MÖTLEY CRÜE frontman Vince Neil performed at Resorts in Atlantic City, New Jersey on June 23.

Fan-filmed video footage of the concert — which was part of Neil‘s solo tour “The Legacy Continues” — can be seen below.

MÖTLEY CRÜE called it quits in December 2015 following an eighteen-month tour that saw the group performing to packed houses all over the world.

A tour film about CRÜE‘s final shows, “The End”, came out last fall, and a film adaptation of the band’s 2001 autobiography “The Dirt” is still said to be in the works.

Speaking to “Trunk Nation”, Eddie Trunk‘s show on SiriusXM channel Volume (106), Vince acknowledged that he is currently the only member of MÖTLEY CRÜE who is waving the flag for the band’s music by performing CRÜE songs as a solo artist.

“It’s a cool thing, because I love MÖTLEY CRÜE, I love MÖTLEY CRÜE‘s music, and I love singing, and I love the fans’ reactions when they hear the songs,” he said. “Whether we’re playing in front of a thousand people or twenty thousand people, I can only see the front row anyway. So I’m happy for me and for the fans to be able to still hear that music after MÖTLEY CRÜE is finished.”

Neil reiterated the fact that he doesn’t mind performing in much smaller places with his solo band than he was accustomed to playing with MÖTLEY CRÜE. “I always look at it like the best of both worlds,” he explained. “You know, we had the big, giant MÖTLEY stuff and everything, and then you’ve got… I like going out and playing… We do fifteen-hundred, two-thousand, three-thousand seaters and some festival stuff, and it’s fun to go out there and just let the music do the talking, as the song goes. And I don’t miss it. I like just going out there and just raw.”

Even though Neil‘s solo set consists exclusively of MÖTLEY CRÜE material, he says that he tries to keep things fresh by occasionally throwing in “deeper” album cuts that many fans wouldn’t expect to hear in a live situation.

“Like [the] songs ‘Red Hot’ and ‘Piece Of Your Action’, we didn’t have [them] in the set for a long time, and then I was, like, ‘Yeah, let’s just go ahead and let’s do this,'” he said. “Then we added ‘Red Hot’ and we stopped doing it for a while, and then we just added it again.”

He continued: “The old songs are… MÖTLEY didn’t play all these old songs, and I enjoy singing these old songs, so it’s fun for me and it’s fun for the band and it’s fun for the crowd.”

Neil‘s solo band includes Dana Strum and Jeff Blando from SLAUGHTER, along with drummer Zoltan Chaney.

Source: HRRL News Feed via Blabbermouth.net
VINCE NEIL Performs MÖTLEY CRÜE Classics In Atlantic City (Video)
HRRL News Feed via Blabbermouth.net

QUIET RIOT Performs New Song 'Freak Flag' Live For First Time (Video)

QUIET RIOT Performs New Song 'Freak Flag' Live For First Time (Video)

QUIET RIOT played its new song “Freak Flag” live for the first time Friday night (June 23) at Phase 2 in Lynchburg, Virginia. Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be seen below.

“Freak Flag” is taken from QUIET RIOT‘s new album, “Road Rage”, which will be released on August 4 via Frontiers Music Srl.

QUIET RIOT is led by drummer Frankie Banali, who is joined by bassist Chuck Wright (who has been in and out of the band since 1982), guitarist Alex Grossi (who has been in the band since 2004), and new vocalist James Durbin.

Durbin, who became known as the “metal guy” on 2011’s season of “American Idol” after performing “Living After Midnight” and “Breaking The Law” with JUDAS PRIEST, hooked up with QUIET RIOT last month after the dismissal of Seann Nicols (a.k.a. Sheldon Tarsha; formerly of ADLER’S APPETITE). Nicols was with QUIET RIOT for just a few months, but long enough to record the vocals for an early version of “Road Rage”.

“Road Rage” was originally scheduled for release in the spring of 2017, but with the injection of newfound energy for the band with the addition of Durbin in the vocalist slot, the band decided to scrap the original sessions and record a new version of the album with the new and improved lineup.

Banali said: “QUIET RIOT has always recorded songs that have a link with the QUIET RIOT ‘sound’ and at the same time always musically moving forward. ‘Freak Flag’ is such a song with a strong connection to our iconic sound from the past, which I think our longtime fans will appreciate and newer fans will embrace.”

Durbin added: “‘Freak Flag’ is a concept I’ve been holding on to for a few years. It’s all about being you no matter what life has labeled you with. We’re all broken and searching for acceptance, but there’s a beauty in that search and it’s something that should be celebrated.”

“Road Rage” track listing:

01. Can’t Get Enough
02. Getaway
03. Roll This Joint
04. Freak Flag
05. Wasted
06. Still Wild
07. Make A Way
08. Renegades
09. The Road
10. Shame
11. Knock Em Down

“The recordings for the new ‘Road Rage’ record have been an incredible musical journey in the storied history of QUIET RIOT,” said Banali.

“I asked vocalist James Durbin to fill the very large shoes of the late great Kevin DuBrow because I knew he could. While no one can ever replace Kevin DuBrow, he has the same spirit and drive that Kevin had.

James is an amazing live performer with insane vocal range, but he is also a very gifted songwriter and brought to the ‘Road Rage’ record totally unique original lyrics and melodies. Not only do they fit perfectly to the music we wrote, but took the songs to a completely new level.

“All the work that we have put into this record has been well worth the wait!

“I am extremely proud of guitarist Alex Grossi, bassist Chuck Wright and especially James Durbin for the work we have created on this record.

QUIET RIOT continues to tour relentlessly and will be on the road throughout the year. Expect to hear your QUIET RIOT favorites as well as new songs from ‘Road Rage’ at our shows!”

Durbin comments on joining the band and his work on “Road Rage”: “The crown jewel, on top of joining one of your favorite bands, has to be writing, recording and releasing a new album. No matter what, you are now a part of that band’s history and I’m honored to have had the opportunity to do that with QUIET RIOT.

“I spent just over three weeks marathon songwriting brand new lyrics and melodies for every song and recording vocals.

“I’m extremely proud of the ‘Road Rage’ record, not only that I had the band’s support and trust to deliver, or how great of a personal accomplishment and blessing it’s been, but that we can keep the QUIET RIOT freak flag flying and have the chance to inspire a new generation of fans!”

Durbin made his live debut with QUIET RIOT on March 18 at The Cotillion in Wichita, Kansas.

Banali revived QUIET RIOT in 2010, three years after DuBrow‘s death, along with Grossi and Wright. The group went through two vocalists — Mark Huff and Scott Vokoun — before settling on Jizzy Pearl in 2013. Pearl announced his exit from QUIET RIOT last October.


Source: HRRL News Feed via Blabbermouth.net
QUIET RIOT Performs New Song 'Freak Flag' Live For First Time (Video)
HRRL News Feed via Blabbermouth.net

VINNY APPICE Says RONNIE JAMES DIO 'Would Be Pissed Off' If He Was Alive To See GENE SIMMONS Attempt To Trademark 'Horns' Hand Gesture

VINNY APPICE Says RONNIE JAMES DIO 'Would Be Pissed Off' If He Was Alive To See GENE SIMMONS Attempt To Trademark 'Horns' Hand Gesture

Vinny Appice says that Ronnie James Dio would be “pissed off” if he was alive to see Gene Simmons attempt to trademark the so-called “devil’s horns” hand gesture.

The late BLACK SABBATH and RAINBOW singer is widely credited with popularizing the symbol — a staple at rock concerts for decades — which the KISS bassist/vocalist filed an application to trademark on June 9, only to abandon it less than two weeks later.

Appice, who played with Dio in SABBATH, DIO and HEAVEN & HELL, was asked for his thoughts on Gene‘s trademark attempt during a recent appearance on the “Ouch You’re On My Hair” podcast. Vinny said (hear audio below): “Ronnie‘s hand gesture thing is an old Italian thing; it’s called the maloik. And his grandmother showed him that and used to do that, and so did the elders in my family too. And that’s to put… one way’s to put horns on people, and the other way is to wish ’em good luck. So Gene couldn’t have invented it, because it’s an old Italian thing. And if Ronnie was alive, man, he’d be pissed off. Oh, yeah!”

Ronnie James Dio, who reportedly didn’t start using the hand gesture on stage until after joining BLACK SABBATH in 1979, himself declined to take credit for the symbol, explaining in a 2001 interview: “I doubt very much if I would be the first one who ever did that. That’s like saying I invented the wheel. I’m sure someone did that at some other point. I think you’d have to say that I made it fashionable. I used it so much and all the time and it had become my trademark.”

Dio ― who said his Italian grandmother often invoked the horns to ward off the malocchio (the evil eye), bad luck or malevolent spirits ― also took issue with Simmons.

Gene Simmons will tell you that he invented it,” Ronnie once said. “But then again, Gene invented breathing and shoes and everything else.”

Ronnie James Dio‘s widow Wendy also criticized Simmons for attempting to trademark the hand sign. She told TheWrap: “To try to make money off of something like this is disgusting. It belongs to everyone — it doesn’t belong to anyone. It’s a public domain, it shouldn’t be trademarked.”

Most music fans have slammed Simmons for the trademark request, saying the symbol has become ubiquitous and means different things to different people.

When asked if it was Ronnie James Dio who actually started it, Simmons told Classic Rock magazine: “Well, I’ve heard Ronnie say that to my face and I said, ‘God bless you.’ I mean him no ill will, but I think he’s wrong. Mine came from Spider-man doing his hand signal, as a homage to him. If you see me in photos, I’m sticking out my thumb. That’s the sign in sign language which means ‘I love you.'”

Source: HRRL News Feed via Blabbermouth.net
VINNY APPICE Says RONNIE JAMES DIO 'Would Be Pissed Off' If He Was Alive To See GENE SIMMONS Attempt To Trademark 'Horns' Hand Gesture
HRRL News Feed via Blabbermouth.net

VIMIC Feat. Former SLIPKNOT Drummer JOEY JORDISON: Video Footage Of Peoria, Illinois Concert

VIMIC Feat. Former SLIPKNOT Drummer JOEY JORDISON: Video Footage Of Peoria, Illinois Concert

Fan-filmed video footage of VIMIC, the new band featuring former SLIPKNOT drummer Joey Jordison, perfoming on June 20 at the Limelight Eventplex in Peoria, Illinois as the support act for IN THIS MOMENT can be seen below.

VIMIC in February postponed its previously announced European tour so that the group could finish work on its first full-length disc, to be released later this year. “Open Your Omen”, is described in a press release as “quite possibly the biggest triumph of Jordison‘s illustrious career.”

VIMIC‘s debut album was originally supposed to be released last year via Jordison’s longtime label, Roadrunner, but the band has since parted ways with the record company and has yet to announce a new label home.

In April, photos surfaced on social media of Jordison and Dave Mustaine at a Nashville studio, leading to speculation that the MEGADETH mainman was involved in the mixing process for VIMIC‘s upcoming effort.

Joining Jordison in VIMIC are singer Kalen Chase Musmecci, who has toured with KORN as a backing vocalist and percussionist, and Joey‘s former SCAR THE MARTYR bandmates Jed Simon (guitar), Kyle Konkiel (bass) and Matthew Tarach (keyboards). VIMIC has also welcomed new guitarist Steve Marshall to the band.

In a December 2016 interview with Shockwave Magazine, Jordison stated about the making of VIMIC‘s first album: “The way we did ‘Open Your Omen’, the way we wrote it is exactly like how a garage band would do their demo tape. We went all the way back to the basics, and it was cool doing it like that because you didn’t have the influence of your label, and the huge studio, and cars, hotels, and fancy dinners, all this bullshit that goes on along with being in the record industry. It was done literally in my home, organic, and we went out just to the studio not too far from my house and we just laid it down there. So, it was pretty much born in my home and then we just cruised up to the studio and just laid it down really quick.”

Before his dismissal from SLIPKNOT in December 2013, Jordison had been quietly struggling with the career-threatening neurological condition acute transverse myelitis, an inflammation of the spinal cord which damages nerve fibers, which ultimately led to Joey losing the use of his legs. Never one to quit or back down from a fight, Jordison overcame the impossible through months and months of rehabilitation, regaining the strength to walk again. He is feeling stronger than ever and is eager to show the world what is possible.

“When this stuff happened to me, most, a lot of people, they just don’t come back from it,” he told Shockwave Magazine. “They just don’t. They’re crippled for life, they give up, and they’re either in a wheelchair, or they just don’t come back from this. My fighting spirit is to never give up no matter what and I fought so hard. I had to throw music away, I had to kiss it goodbye for a little bit and it sucked. But I knew that if I was going to be able to do this again that I had, with all my strength that I had in my body, mentally, in my heart as well, soulful, spiritually, whatever I had to get through this, I had to do it. I put myself all the way through it and I came back and I’m actually stronger than I’ve ever been. It took a long time to get through it. It was not an easy road, but I’m back and I’m happier than I’ve ever been. I’m playing music all the time. I play better than I ever have, cause all I do is gym and just work out. Life takes you down troubled roads sometimes, not to hurt you, but to cleanse you. That’s the way I kind of look at it.”


Source: HRRL News Feed via Blabbermouth.net
VIMIC Feat. Former SLIPKNOT Drummer JOEY JORDISON: Video Footage Of Peoria, Illinois Concert
HRRL News Feed via Blabbermouth.net

TOBIAS FORGE Says He Is Already Thinking About GHOST's Fifth Album

TOBIAS FORGE Says He Is Already Thinking About GHOST's Fifth Album

In a brand new interview with Albuquerque Journal, GHOST lead singer and founder Tobias Forge — who performs as Papa Emeritus and does the act’s interviews disguised as a member of his backing band of Nameless Ghouls — spoke about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the group’s follow-up to 2015’s “Meliora” album, tentatively due early next year.

“I usually write a lot,” Forge said. “I don’t make an album and don’t write for two years and then end up with a blank paper starting over.”

He added: “I constantly work with material that could be two years old, five years old, ten years old, as well as new things. It’s a pick and mix of a lot of different ideas and stuff laying around, a lot of new stuff being added to the pile. Yeah, it’s a constant thinking ahead, and now, already now, I’m thinking about album No. 5, because there are songs coming out now or coming up being written that I feel like that won’t fit into the new album, so I’ll put that one on to the next one instead.”

Regarding the lyrical themes covered on GHOST‘s next album, Forge said: “Having in mind that the previous record was about the absence of God or the absence of deities, this new one is going to be about the return of God. You know God’s wrath cast upon the suffering humans, so it will be a little bit more biblical in that sense, which in turn makes it darker, a little bit more apocalyptic, I think. That’s basically what I can tell you about it right now.”

GHOST will enter the studio in mid-August to begin recording the new LP.

Forge said in April that he hoped to re-team with Swedish producer Klas Åhlund, who helmed “Meliora” and is a prolific songwriter, producer and guitarist. He is also a member of the Swedish rock band TEDDYBEARS.

Forge recently officially revealed his identity while responding to a lawsuit filed by four former members of GHOST, who accused him of cheating them out of their rightful share of the profits from the group’s album releases and world tours.

In his court documents, Forge — who had previously played in several other rock bands, including REPUGNANT, CRASHDIET, SUBVISION, MAGNA CARTA CARTEL and SUPERIOR — took credit for developing GHOST‘s image and stage show and blamed his ex-bandmates for “destroying the mystery” surrounding the group by lifting the lid on GHOST‘s business dealings.
Source: HRRL News Feed via Blabbermouth.net
TOBIAS FORGE Says He Is Already Thinking About GHOST's Fifth Album
HRRL News Feed via Blabbermouth.net

Are You Enjoying HRRL? Please spread the word \m/